Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Your home is more than just a roof over your head. It likely houses most or all of your possessions and may be one of your most valuable assets. Homeowners insurance can help prevent you from paying high costs out-of-pocket if your home or personal property is damaged or destroyed.
Let us help you find the right homeowners insurance coverage for you. Contact Simple Lane Insurance in El Cajon, California, to speak to a homeowners insurance agent today.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance is a contract between you and your insurance company. In exchange for your premiums, your insurer agrees to pay to provide financial assistance to repair or replace damage to your property caused by covered perils up to your policy limits. Home insurance is known as a package policy because it can also cover you and your family members’ personal liability arising from allegations of third-party harm.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
While individual policies may vary, here are some of the commonly included coverages of a homeowners insurance policy:
- Personal property coverage can cover costs associated with repairing or replacing your personal possessions if they are damaged or destroyed from a covered cause of loss.
- Personal liability coverage can pay expenses (e.g., medical bills, legal fees) arising from claims that you or your family caused third-party property damage or bodily injury.
- Dwelling coverage can pay for structural damage to your home resulting from a covered peril.
- Other structures coverage can pay for damage to detached structures on your property (e.g., gazebo, fences) due to a covered peril.
- Additional living expenses can reimburse you for costs associated with temporarily vacating your home if covered property damage renders it uninhabitable.
Damage to your home or possessions from some natural disasters (e.g., earthquakes, floods) may not be covered. Speak to your insurance agent to learn if you are in a high-risk area. Even if you aren’t, you may choose to purchase flood insurance or earthquake insurance to supplement your other coverages.
How Much Homeowners Insurance Do I Need?
There is no one-size-fits-all policy for homeowners insurance, but it’s generally considered a good idea to get enough homeowners insurance to cover the cost of rebuilding your home from the ground up and replacing your possessions. You may also want to consider purchasing enough liability coverage to protect your assets (e.g., retirement accounts, savings).
Contact Simple Lane Insurance
for more information on homeowners insurance coverage and to get a homeowners insurance quote
How Do I Buy Homeowners Insurance?
Let us help. At Simple Lane Insurance, we understand the importance of protecting your home. Call +1 (619)777-7067 to speak to a homeowners insurance agent today.